Why am I so tired?
Why am I so tired?
- What size mattress will you need? Would you like to upsize from Queen to King to accommodate dogs and kids? For children, a twin or full in their room? You may need to do a little measuring!
- Does your current bed require a foundation? Mattresses are big and heavy now; they need to a have a firm, flat surface to support it and you. Platforms can look like complete sheets of plywood or may be slatted. Most storage beds are platform style so the drawers work underneath. If the bed is supported by slatted wood planks, the slats must be no more than 3” apart for proper support of the mattress to not need a foundation. This also keeps the warranty valid. Slats with spacing larger than 3” apart will need a foundation. We advise a new foundation with every new mattress, you should not mix old and new!
- How high should the mattress be? With mattresses much taller and deeper than some of the older styles, they can get very tall. An oversized mattress and too tall foundation might make you need a step stool to get up on the bed at night! Knowing where you want to be for height will make choices easier at the store. You will have several foundation heights available to you when you purchase. Don’t forget the adjustable bases (motion) too, are also a great new option! They can sit on their own legs and straight on the floor.
- What about access to your room? Narrow doorways, tight corners, steep stairs can make it difficult to get the bed to your room. Queen beds are the most popular and there is an option to get a “Split Queen Foundation” which comes in two pieces and makes it much easier to maneuver those.
- What about your old mattress? Wondering what you do with that big, old mattress and box spring to make way for the new one? When you purchase any premium mattress at Boston Interiors, you'll get free local delivery plus we will remove your old mattress and foundation and dispose of it at our facility!
∗Authors: Melinda Smith, M.A., Lawrence Robinson, and Robert Segal, M.A. June 2019
More for Your Home
on-demand design services
Finding the perfect sofa, fabric, dining room set, and any other piece of furniture is an important decision. With the help of the design experts in all of our stores, we can help make that decision a whole lot easier. Choose from our free in-store or in-home design services available.
One of our design associates can schedule a visit to your home, measure your space, discuss color schemes and
find the perfect way to make
it all come together.
We offer FREE in-store design services! Meet with one of our design associates at your nearest store and we'll help you find exactly what you're looking for.Start Now