make a statement with your mantel
What’s the best way to decorate your mantel? Quite often this is the focal point of a room, anchored by one main piece, maybe a mirror or artwork. Once you have that in place on the wall, what to do next?
Here are some quick tips & ideas:
- Mix metals – no need to choose between silver or gold – use them both to make things sparkle and shine. Mix a dull finish with shiny, soft and round with rigid and clean edges.
- Make sure you have a variety of heights for visual balance and interest.
- Overlapping frames, one horizontal & one vertical, leaning against the wall add a fun, casual touch.
- Books, either side by side or stacked, add a classic touch.
- Is a TV the main focal point? Then a simple candle stick or sconce on either side will complete the look nicely.
- When you’re decorating for a holiday, be sure to remove your everyday items to make room for holiday decor. Don’t force them all on together or it will be too crowded.
More for Your Home
on-demand design services
Finding the perfect sofa, fabric, dining room set, and any other piece of furniture is an important decision. With the help of the design experts in all of our stores, we can help make that decision a whole lot easier. Choose from our free in-store or in-home design services available.
One of our design associates can schedule a visit to your home, measure your space, discuss color schemes and
find the perfect way to make
it all come together.
We offer FREE in-store design services! Meet with one of our design associates at your nearest store and we'll help you find exactly what you're looking for.Start Now