Posted On August 30, 2011
Besides all the fabulous restaurants, shopping and entertainment, one of the many perks of city living are the fabulously modern living spaces. Contemporary decor is a natural fit for most city abodes, so whether you're living in a loft, apartment, or condo (or just wish you were), here's a little city chic inspiration just for you.
Want this living room look? Start with a neutral base of cream and gray. Mixing soft upholstery fabric with leather and metallic accents will give your room a modern, slightly industrial feel.
If you prefer a softer decor, this entertainment console is perfect for housing all your media needs. Accessorize the shelves and console top with simple, monochromatic accents for an airy yet cohesive look.
Don't be afraid of color! Lots of bold and bright colors work in a contemporary space. Try infusing your space with varying shades of pink, copper, and gold for a look that is city chic!
1. Mirrored Frame Leaner Mirror, $499.95
2. Brella Arc Floor Lamp, $299.95
3. Giselle Mini Sofa, sale $779.95
4. Manning Tray Tables, $169.95
5. Vince Leather Chair, sale $799.95
6. Riley Coffee Table, sale $499.95
7. Jefferson 55" Console, sale $499.95
8. Pearl Photo Frame, $14.95
9. Ceramic Sitting Bird, $29.95
10. Large Glass Onion Jar, $99.95
11. Pudong Vase, $39.95
12. Deco Copper 6'x9' Rug, $1295.00
13. Ranunculus Plant, $24.95
14. Boston Map, 30"x40", $219.95
15. Dupioni Silk Pillow in Champagne, $49.95,
and Raspberry, clearance $39.95